9/24/2011

Nicholas Selects Saturday Pairings


Team Europe skipper Alison Nicholas expressed her delight with Europe's 4.5-3.5 lead over the USA after the first day at The 2011 Soheim Cup.

"I'm really pleased. The players played with passion and a purpose I can only say well done to them. They absolutely entertained from start to finish, and I'm exhausted.

"We're a team. It's never about one individual. It's about matching those pairings and getting experienced players to play with rookies.

"All my players are up for it, and they're playing well. It was great but I love the European fans to scream a little bit more. 

"I do feel that they're a little bit shy, and I'd like them to really start being more vocal. I think, I don't know, it's maybe our nature in Europe and in this country to be a little bit shy, and I want them to come out of themselves and shout and scream for Europe a little bit more because I'm not hearing enough of that.

"This is a home match. So I want to encourage everyone to scream and shout for Europe and give us some more oomph in the voice. We need some decibels out there to cheer on the girls."

Saturday Foursomes Matches:

7.40am Caroline Hedwall and Sophie Gustafson vs Angela Stanford and Stacy Lewis.

7.52am Karen Stupples and Christel Boeljon vs Morgan Pressel and Ryann O'Toole 

8.04am Maria Hjorth and Anna Nordqvist vs Brittany Lang and Juli Inkster.

8.16am Catriona Matthew and Azahara Munoz vs Cristie Kerr and Paula Creamer

No comments:

Post a Comment