12/02/2011

Maybin Ace Wins Omega Watch


Gareth Maybin’s perfect five iron from 199 yards on the par three fourth hole of the Hong Kong Golf Club saw the Northern Irishman win an Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra Annual Calendar watch during the second round of the UBS Hong Kong Open.

Maybin, whose ace was the fourth of his career, is tied for 17th in Hong Kong on one under par going into the weekend.

“I had 199, it was playing a bit downwind and it was a perfect number for my five 5 iron. Only about ten yards short, rolled up and went in. I saw it all the way and went a bit crazy on the tee but why not?

“Looking forward to getting the watch – I really wanted an Omega about two years ago and after I did well in Korea and went and bought one, looks like I have two now!”




No comments:

Post a Comment