4/09/2012

Harrington Happy with Sunday



On Sunday Padraig Harrington briefly threatened before his challenge ended with a double-bogey six on the last as he finished in a tie for eighth on four under par.

"It's never nice to finish the way I finished," conceded the three-time major winner.

"I can't believe how quick the green was for what should have been a flat putt but I'm pleased with the way I played.

"You'll struggle to see anyone have the number of short birdie putts I had, I just didn't hit them. I definitely felt like I had a chance all the way to the 18th."

“I hit it very close every day,” he said. 

“I haven't seen any of the golf, but I'd be surprised if people had as many short putts as I had for birdie today. I putted well, I just didn't hole them - I wasn't reading them right. 

“It was a good day all the way - I played well, hit it well. 

“I take a lot of positives out of the way I played today. I've won three Majors, but that's the most comfortable I've felt through 18 holes in the last round of a Major, and I was in a nice place mentally all day. I putted well all week, chipped well. I did a lot of good things this week.”


No comments:

Post a Comment