6/26/2013

Irish Open on G-MAC Bucket List

Getty Images
Graeme McDowell hopes to knock the Irish Open off his 'bucket list' by returning to the winners' circle this weekend.

McDowell is looking to bounce back from a US Open missed cut at Carton House, with a strong field including Rory McIlroy, Darren Clarke and Padraig Harrington also on show.

But McDowell says he has a little extra motivation to succeed this week as he looks to end a drought for Northern Ireland in the tournament that dates back almost 70 years.

"There's no doubt the Irish Open is on my golfing bucket list," said McDowell, who has two tournament successes to his name this year.

"It's an event that I've never really competed in. It's an event I would love to win and I would love to add it to my CV.

"To win your national Open is a very special win in a player's heart. It's been almost 70 years since a Northern Irish player has won this event (Fred Daly in 1946). That's a stat we would love to change this weekend.

"There's no doubt I would love to win this one. It's certainly one I'll be giving 100 per cent to this week.

"It kicks off a very busy summer of golf for me and Merion has done nothing but motivate me and make me more hungry for being in the mix come the weekend. I'm ready to go this week and I'm looking forward to it."


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment