9/25/2013

Clarke Keeps Believing

Getty Images
Darren Clarke is pleased to be once again teeing it up in this week's Alfred Dunhill Links Championship in Scotland.

The pro-am event is a one-off on the European Tour and pitches professionals chasing a potentially big payday with some high-profile celebrities and other amateurs of all standards.

The professionals react differently to the unique atmosphere but Clarke is looking forward to the challenge.

"Some of the amateurs take it seriously, some are here to have a little fun," he told Sky Sports. "But they've been well briefed and the majority of them have all played before.

"It probably relaxes you a little bit more, you try to help your amateur as well. Some of them get a little bit overawed with the situation but generally they're good fun and they know what to do and when to pick up.

"The course (at St Andrews) gets better and better. I think I was 15 when I first came and didn't know what to make of it. The more you come back and play it the more you understand it.

"We grew up playing some of the best links courses in the world and I play and practice at my home course, Royal Portrush.

"I'm working hard and unfortunately my scoring is just not there at the minute. One of these weeks it will start turning and I'll start playing the way I can.

"I've just got to keep working and keep believing."


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment