10/10/2013

Lawrie Leaves it Late

Getty Images
Peter Lawrie this week stares at the prospect of losing his European Tour card, a thought will haunt him when he tees up in the Portugal Masters at Vilamoura on Thuirsday. It is the first time since joining the Tour full-time in 2003 that Lawrie has been in such a precarious position.

Currently 111th on the money list and Race to Dubai and need this week’s event and next week’s in Australia, the Perth International, to break back inside the top-110 - and reach safety.

In the 10 years Lawrie has been on Tour he captured the 2008 Spanish Open, has recorded four second place results, three thirds , 23 other top-10s and has amassed over €5.3m in prize money.

“After missing the last five cuts, I’ve spent the last eight weeks looking over my shoulder, if you know what I mean.

“I’ve been looking for the key for a while and just haven’t found it.”

"For sure it keeps you awake at night," he said. "All I've needed to do is make a cut and have a decent week, yet I've been just missing by one, as was the case at the KLM Open and Italian Open. It's all my own fault and it's up to myself to get out of it."

Peter sets off in Vilamoura at 08:10hrs alongside Chris Paisley and Lorenzo Gagli.

Shane Lowry, Simon Thornton, David Higgins, Damien McGrane, Gareth Maybin,  Michael Hoey and Paul McGinley completed the Irish entries



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment