10/17/2013

McIlroy Quotes Korea Open - R1

OneAsia
Rory McIlroy spoke on Thursday after the first round of the Kolon Korea Open at Woo Jeong Hills Country Club:

Q: A flying finish, you must be pleased.
A: Yeah, it was a good finish especially after making double bogey on 13. To finish the last five holes at three under was very nice. It was tough, some of the pin positions out there today were brutal, just cut on slopes and very hard to get close to them and when you did get close to them you left yourself very tricky putts. It was hard to shoot a low score out there today. I felt I was a little rusty after the four weeks off but I battled back nicely and to end up under par for the day wasn't too bad.

Q: I'm sure you don't want to dwell on the negative, but talk us through the double bogey
A: I just wasn't very comfortable with the tee shot. I took a long time to get settled over it and then just didn't make a very good swing. But as I said, I came back well after that and played the last five holes very strongly.

Q: Despite the notorious pin positions, you've hit a 64 out here, in the final round last time out. Do you have that in you again?
A: Definitely. It's one of those courses where you've got generous greens so if you hit a lot of greens and get your putter going you can definitely shoot low.

Q: And tomorrow, will you be aggressive?
A: It all depends where they put the pins again. You definitely don't want to miss them on the wrong side. You don't want to short side yourself. There's not many low scores out there … if I plot my way along and pick up a few birdies here and there I won't be too far away.


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment