10/26/2012

McIlroy Makes China Move


Rory McIlroy feels his game is coming together nicely after moving into second place at the BMW Masters in Shanghai.

Despite carding a fine 67 in round one, the two-time major winner felt his performance on the opening day at Lake Malaren was just "okay".

But after scoring a seven-under 65 on Friday to move into clear second place - two behind leader Peter Hanson - McIlroy was far more satisfied with his display.

"It was a very good day," said the world number one.

"I played very well - a little better than I did yesterday. I hit the ball a lot better, and gave myself plenty of opportunities.

"When I did need to make a par putt here or there, I was able to save those, and overall it was just a very good round of golf and obviously in a great position going into the weekend."

McIlroy turned in 32, picking up shots at the second, third, eighth and ninth, and then had a hat-trick of birdies from the 13th on another day of low scoring.


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment