3/11/2013

McIlroy Sticks to Master Plan

Getty Images
Rory McIlroy will resist the urge to add events to his schedule ahead of the Masters Tournament after getting back to his best on the final day of the WGC - Cadillac Championship.

The two time Major Champion headed to Trump Doral with the eyes of the golfing world upon him following his decision to walk off midway through the second round in last week's Honda Classic.

But focus has returned to his golf, which got better as the week wore on in Miami - culminating in an outstanding 65 on the Blue Monster course today.

He said: "I guess that was what I needed to do this week, because I made plenty of birdies and a couple of eagles and stuff. It was the bogeys and the others that were killing me. 

"So to play a round out there today with the conditions the way they are, you know, was very pleasing. 

"I think most of you guys know, I probably wear my heart on my sleeve a bit with my golf. If I have a bad round, it's sort of like the end of the world, but if I play a good one, I'm happy again. 

"You know, that's just the way it goes. I was pretty down about my game coming into this week, but a few days like I've played, you know, it does my confidence a world of good."

McIlroy's next event - and only one between now and the Masters - will be the Houston Open that gets under way on March 28.

Speaking about his calendar building up the the year's first Major Championship, which begins on April 11 at Augusta National, McIlroy added: "I'm going to keep it the way it is.

"I'm looking forward to putting some hard work in over the next few weeks and I'm going to Houston and get ready for Augusta."
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment