10/20/2013

McIlroy Fires Final 67

OneAsia
Rory McIlroy looks set to a share third place at the Kolon Korea Open after a final round of 67 on Sunday to end his appearance in Korea with a comeback of sorts, having started the day ten strokes off the pace.

The world number six dropped just one stoke on the par 4 fourteenth, before a birdie on the last recover the damage. 

"I could have shot anything, absolutely anything. I only missed two greens and had so many chances, but it was like the story of yesterday -- I just didn't hole enough putts. I created so many more chances today that it could have been 61, 62. It just wasn't to be. I didn't birdie any of the par fives which was disappointing. It was tough. I felt like it could have been so much lower the last couple of days, yet I'm only, what, three off the leader?"

"A little frustrating, but I'm happy with how I hit it. I hit the ball really well off the tee and my iron play was very solid as well. I feel like my game is in good shape going into the next few weeks, and that's a good thing."

"Some of the pin positions are on slopes and it's tough. It's very, very difficult to trust the line you're hitting it on. But if I keep giving myself all those birdie chances, sooner or later I'm going to start holing a few. I'll work on my putting over the next couple of days and get ready for Shanghai."


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment