11/23/2014

Augusta Awaits Master Lowry

Getty Images
Shane Lowry finished fifth at the DP Wolrd Tourc Championship to move into the Official World Golf Ranking’s top 50 and all-but secure a Masters Tournament debut next April.

Speaking about breaking into the world's top 50, Lowry said: "It was one of the goals for me playing these last four tournaments. I've been between 52 and 54 in the world for a month or so now and I felt like I have been playing the golf to have the high finish to get in there.

"I just wasn't scoring well and finishing 15th to 25th. A nice, high finish this week is going to do it for me so I'm thrilled and I can't wait till next April."

It has been a good week for Lowry where he ended joint leader on Thursday with world number one Rory McIlroy.

Then on Friday the Clara man marked another success when carded a hole-in-one on the thirteenth hole from 183 yards

"It was a beautiful shot, a perfect number for my six iron," said Lowry.

"It's my first in tournament play and only my second ever so it was pretty exciting. It was hard to go on and play the next hole after that."


No comments:

Post a Comment