12/03/2014

Kearney Wins in Antalya


Niall Kearney became the first Irishman to be crowned PGA No 1 following his wire-to-wire victory in the play-offs.

The Irish PGA champion rose to the occasion over the Sultan Course in Antalya with rounds of 65, 67 and 67 to finish on 14-under par - two shots clear of the pack.

Kearney's main reward is a place in next year's BMW PGA Championship at Wentworth and he can also look forward to playing on the GB & Ireland PGA Cup team as well as pocketing a cheque for £2,000.

Kearney, who won with his dad Joe on his bag and his mum Fiona watching from the sidelines, said: "I played really well all week. I led from day one which was difficult at times as I felt a bit of pressure, certainly today. My game was there and it was just one of those weeks.

"I've never played the BMW PGA Championship and that was my goal coming out here."


No comments:

Post a Comment